checkdb integrity job failed

• Hi all,

in mysserver all user mainteanace plan integrity check failed with the following error:

NEW COMPONENT OUTPUT

Microsoft(R) Server Maintenance Utility (Unicode) Version 9.0.4035

Report was generated on "MSGSAPMNSV201".

Maintenance Plan: Level1-All User-Maintenance Plan Integrity Checks

Duration: 00:00:00

Details:

Check Database Integrity Task (MSGSAPMNSV201)

Check Database integrity on Local server connection

Databases that have a compatibility level of 70 (SQL Server version 7.0) will be skipped.

Databases: All user databases

Include indexes

Task start: 2009-07-16T22:08:36.

Task end: 2009-07-16T22:08:36.

Failed:(0) Alter failed for Server 'MSGSAPMNSV201'.

i checked that allow updates is 0 in sp_configure statement

can somebody explain wat caused this error and resolution asap

• You need to find the actual error. There's nothing much of use there. Go to the job step, go to the advanced tab, there's an option there to output the results to a text file.

Once you have the actual error, post it here.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Possibly because you have one Databases that have a compatibility level of 70 (SQL Server version 7.0).

Can you change this compatibility level and run once?

-LK

• I have the same problem ....

All of a sudden the check database integrit task in maintenance plan started failing on one of our Sql servers:

Microsoft SQL Sql Server 2005- 9.00.4053.00

Some of my reseach shows that others have had the same issue.

CheckDBCC works fine when run as a query.

Others have noted that this might be because the allow updates was reset to off (1)

I checked and mine is set to on (default = 0)

Others also have said that this might be because affinity I/O mask, affinity mask were turned off (1)

Both of these values are on (0).

Another box with the same build works fine. The only server configuration that differ between the boxes is that the working boxes is that the clr enabled property is off (default) I have a hard time believing this should have anything to do with it.

The job and history logs are of no help.

Please help

• Hi,

I wonder if anyone has had any further insight into why this happens. I am running SQL Server 2008 and over the weekend, every single check integrity job failed on my Production server (!), all created via a mainenance plan. When I run a normal adhoc CHECKDB, it works fine.

Strange thing is that the fails produce hardly any error messages.

Anyone have any ideas? Or is the plan, not to use any SQL created plans and rather perform all maintenance from custom T-SQL...?

Thanks,

Jinx.

• Did anyone ever find/post a solution for this? I've encountered this problem occasionally but now every single check-integrity job on a particular server is failing (with completely useless information in the output log.) Other steps in the maintenance plan are OK, and manual DBCC is OK.

• Did you check http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/126163/maintenace-plan-integrity-checks-fail-with-alter-failed-for-server-xxx

Check the "Automatically set I/O affinity mask for all processors" in your server properties. We had unselected this to reduce processors for licensing, and the maintenance plan failed the following weekend and since. I reselected this and the plan started working. Still sounds like a bug Microsoft should fix as a plan shouldn't fail for this reason.

HTH!

Manu

• the auto-set for affinity mask is turned on, so that's not it, I guess.

I changed everything to run DBCC manually and it's fine, but it's annoying that a) it's been working just fine for over a year, and b) there is no useful error information (as usual)

returned from the maintenance plan/SSIS package.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply