Changing Usernames

• not that I'm particularly evil or anything, but if I joined a month before, say Jeff Moden did, does that mean if I change my username now to "Jeff Moden", Jeff gets bumped to Jeff Moden-34832? the earlier the join date = priority of username?

oh, that's cruel.....

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Adding a number at the end of username will solve the purpose of duplicate users but doesn't it looks bad. It feels like a prisonor number added to the name. 😛

Adding a number is the best idea of identifying unique users but how about adding some other general user information like user's work place or city? There will be very few users with same first and last name in the same city.

Also we can request users to have their photo rather than their avatars. Steve's photo in blue looks far much better than previous ones. 🙂 With their profile photo there will be no confusion on who is posting the responses in forums. That will be a seperate case where someone will have your profile pic as theirs. :hehe:

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply