Changing the default log folder on Linux

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Changing the default log folder on Linux

• Nice question, thanks, Steve

• Good question, got it wrong by looking it up, so learned something!! Thanks Steve.

• The heading says default log directory, but the question says default data directory.  Which one is it?

• The question is what is being asked. The title was incorrect, but changed, however, you should not base your answer on the title.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor - Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:01 PM

The question is what is being asked. The title was incorrect, but changed, however, you should not base your answer on the title.

Then I don't believe that the answer matches the question.  The question is "I want to change the default data directory on my SQL Server on Linux installation".  The stated correct answer is "use mssql-conf with the "set filelocation.defaultlogdir /prod/log" parameter".  Shouldn't it instead be "use mssql-conf with the "set filelocation.defaultdatadir /prod/log" parameter"?

• You are correct. This question is a mess. Set everything back to log since that was the original title. Should be OK now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply