CDC State is not well formed

• I have a CDC process that runs just fine for weeks then suddenly the SSIS packages start to fail with the error...

Extract XXX Data:Error: System.Exception: Value TFREDO/CE/0x0040C948000189E7005E/TS/2016-03-22T09:30:02.5932506/ of CDC state User::CDC_State_XXX is not well structured. Structure must be - logicalName(required)/[CS/<cs-lsn>/](optional)[CE/<ce-lsn>/](optional)[IR<ir-start>/<ir-end>/](optional)/[TS/timestamp/](optional)[ER/<error-message>/](optional).

at Attunity.SqlServer.CDCSrc.CdcSourceComponent.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

I'm looking for resources to help troubleshoot this error.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Did you ever find what was wrong here and how did you fix it in the end?

• There is a CommandTimeout property of the CDC Get Processing Range task of the SSIS package that was increased. In researching the error, it was discovered that the run of the package before the failures had error messages even though the package was marked as successful. It was these errors that pointed to the CommandTimeout property needing to be adjusted. I do not have the exact text of those errors though. The package has not failed since adjusting this property.

• Thanks for the quick reply.

Setting the command timeout property to a higher value didn't work for us.

We didn't see messages before the errors (logging was off), so we probably had a different root cause.

We were able to solve our issue by settings the state field in the cdc_states table to a TFEND/CS state with the latest start_lsn and it's end_time from the cdc_capture_log table.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply