capturing xp smtp server response error message

• Hi,

I would like to know how to output the error message generated by xpsmtp to a file. Currently i'm using xpsmtp to send mail through sql and sometimes the sending of mail fails. The scenario is like this, currently i'm using an application that is using MSSql as database and xpsmtp as the mail service to sent out emails to the users of the application.

Whenever a mail fails to be sent out, the error message that is shown on the application is Error: Sending Message. Instead of the Server Response: 541 Unable to relay myfriend@domain.com or other error codes.

I would like to keep track of this codes as to show that there is no error or bugs in my application. If there's a way to output the Server Response number and the message to a file or insert it into a log table in the database then it would be really great.

Thanks

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This may help, follow the link & look for section "Troubleshooting:"

http://www.sqldev.net/xp/xpsmtp.htm

Thanks

• Hi,

I've already went through the website address as provided but there's no answer as to how to capture the error message and insert it into a database table. I've even tried using @@error but it just return an integer which is 1 or 0. Would like to store the server response text message in a database table. Anybody knows how to do it?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply