Cannot preview Analysis Services 2000 report

• I have recently installed SSRS 2008 on my local machine and am trying to set up a simple report querying an Analysis Services 2000 database on a remote server.

In Report Designer I have created a data source and set up a basic report, and I was obviously able to connect and view the available measures etc through the designer. However, when I try and preview the report I get the following error:

An error occurred during local report processing.

An error has occurred during report processing.

Cannot create a connection to data source '<data src name>'.

A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <ip address of server>:2383

I'm not sure why I can seemingly connect to the server during the design phase but it is failing to connect when I try and preview the report? Any ideas?

-----
    JL

• Did you check the log on the server that the data source points to? If it actively refused the connection, the details of why might be logged on that server. Also, did you actually execute the query while in the dataset designer? Perhaps it actually didn't make the connection you thought it did until it was previewed.

Also, are you using a shared datasource? If so, is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

• For some reason, I've come in this morning and it's now working! No idea what happened there.

Thanks for the response anyway.

-----
    JL

• Glad it's working now, but just for grins, I'd still suggest taking a look at the SQL log and security log on the source server as there may be underlying problems which you may need to overcome later. But since it's working today and wasn't yesterday, is there any chance that whatever account you were access that server with was locked out and perhaps it's either been unlocked or your AD guys have the domain set to unlock locked accounts after X minutes/hours etc? Again you security log on the source server would have this information probably in the form of, access denied account locked out type of error messages.

-Luke.

To help us help you read this[/url]For better help with performance problems please read this[/url]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply