Cannot find Management Studio interface SQL Server enterprise edtion

• Problem is fixed now finally!!! There are two sets of Enterprise SQL Server 2005 zipped files which had to be unzipped in the same folder. Than once it was run again, it installed successfully. Thanks everyone who responded.

• Can you be more specific? I can't say I would understand how to debug this problem again with the info you just provided.

TIA.

• Here is what i did:

When you download the SQLServer 2005 Enterprise edition from the Microsoft website, it comes with 4 files: 3 executables and 1 img file. Of the 3 executables, 2 of them have CD in their name(SW CD SQL Svr Enterprise Edtn 2005 W32 English #1 32 bit MLF.x11-57790.exe). I created a folder(named it SQLENT2005) and unzipped both of them in the same folder. After that, i ran the setup.exe file. It worked fine without any problem. Hope i'm clear.

The mistake i did previously was, i unzipped both .exe files in different folders, as such during the setup process, some of the files the setup process was looking could not be found. Hope it helps someone in future who run into this problem. There is no proper documentation and i guess you learn by trial and error.

• Or by telling it just like this on the boards.  Thanx ez, that'll help someone else someday.

• My distribution came with 2 cds - I had to copy both cds into a common directory on my desktop and run the installation from there after uninstalling the messed up installation.

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply