can any one please guide

• You can check the new requirement with the same query. Execute the query with @vVarTime variable first with StartTime and then with End time (or use OR operator in the where clause)

and the result should be NULL i.e. no record should return. If the record comes, it means its been duplicated / repeated time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes, winning is not an issue but trying.
    You can check my BLOG
    [font="Arial Black"]here[/font][/url][/right]

• urzsuresh (5/30/2010)

Its was nice. But one clariffication. here Starttime and endtime is nchar(10) type.

It is never a good idea to store date and time data in string format.

i need to get the result without using any functions.

The function I included was to show you how to wrap re-usable code in an efficient way.

The person asking you to remove the function seems confused about the difference between scalar, multi-statement, and in-line functions.

It is pretty trivial to copy the body of the function out to a separate statement, it just seems like a dumb idea to me.

I need another one more help. When user try to insert start time and endtime, we need to validate (i.e start time and endtime should not repeat again.)

One way to do this would be to use a trigger.

• Can you please sample code

• Hello Friend,

I have check the duplicate data like this.

if Exists (Select * ,@vVarTime

from @vShiftTable

where case when Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),@vVarTime,108)) > '1900-01-01 00:00:00' and Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),@vVarTime,108)) <= @vMultiDateTime

then

DateAdd(dd,1,Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),@vVarTime,108)))

else

Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),@vVarTime,108))

end

between

Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),startTime,108))

and

case when startTime > EndTime then

DateAdd(dd,1,Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),EndTime,108)))

else

Convert(datetime,Convert(varchar(10),EndTime,108))

end

)

Print 'Duplicate'

Else

Print 'No Duplicate'

Is there any other way to find duplicate

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply