Can a Subscriber have a Distributor

• Hi All

I've set up Replication between 3 servers, Subscriber,Publisher and Distributor.

My question is; can a Subscriber be a Distributor? Ive configured other servers to be a Publisher and Distributor as well.

Can anyone please let me know

Anchelin

• Also, is it recommended to use Replication in a environment where it pushes 15 million records a day to Subscriber?

We tested with 50 000 records and it indicated performance as poor.

Anchelin :ermm:

• You can set up the Distributor database on your Subscriber but it is not recommended especially after seeing the number of transactions you are talking about.

Typically you might see a latency of 5 sec max. But it depends on your network and Hardware config.

Also are you talking about 15 mil records getting updated or inserted as a batch? If so, then you will have a problem.

-Roy

• I have servers with similar setup. Distributor on the subscriber only makes things worse because usually subscribers will also have intensive reads. To achieve performance at that level you will have to be very careful in setting up replication and updating your apps to be as efficient as possible.

* Noel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply