Bulk Insert ....

• Hi all,

My SP is doing a BULK Insert onto a temp table. Which works for me(dbo) fine however it does not work for my poor old user :o(

I know about the role bulkadmin but this won't work either as it is a known bug posted by Microsoft. Who have suggested giving the user dbo role or at least owner of the table ?

Is there any better way of doing this ?

Comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated ....

• Setup your bulk insert as a scheduled job and get your user to execute sp_start_job.

Hope this helps

Phill Carter

--------------------

Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Thanks Phill ......

• You can also give your user DDLADMIN authority in TempDB. This will allow a user with only Bulkadmin authority to BCP (etc) into a temporary table.

You then have the issue that the role and its membership get deleted when SQL is restarted. The solution we use for this is a sp in Master that kicks off when SQL is started to rebuild the role and its authorities.

All information provided is a personal opinion that may not match reality.

Original author: https://github.com/SQL-FineBuild/Common/wiki/ 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2019, 2017 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor they call me a communist - Archbishop Hélder Câmara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply