Best way to move data between MSSQL 2000 and MS Access

• Hi,

I have a VB6 app that used an access database. The same database in MSSQL2000 is used with my web site. I need to download and upload data between the two for some of my users. I want to do this easy for them and secure. In otherwords, they do not have direct access to the sql server. How can I use scripting or something like an asp page to exchange the data? I would prefer something in the middle. I have about 6 tables and most of the time there will not be more that 150 or 200 records in each.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

• Depending on your exact needs, just create linked tables in access. (Right Click - Link ??) in the table tab. Then the data isn't actually moved or copied, but rather shared.

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • Thanks for the idea. But the VB6 app that is using the access database is going to be offline and on another machine. The application and the web site is the same exact thing except the vb6 app can be used offline, update/add/change data and then it needs to go back online to the MSSQL database to be used with the web site. Sorry I did not share this before.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply