Bad Date on LastBatch

• Here's a weird one: When I look at my Current Activity | Process Info, I have around 350 or so processes open (not unusual... I have a lot of users). Some of the processes have a Last Batch date of "1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM" even though the Login Time is "8/25/2003 8:49:42 AM". Only a few of the processes have this, though there are more than one of these "previous century" processes out there. Anyone know what causes this?

• Not Sure what the cause is... But when I am running Lumigrant Schema Alert in my local machine, its server process shows the same thing. Its running "master..sp_trace_getdata;1"

• Hmm... well, lets see if we get any toher responses before we decide its normal

• I have 2 processes with last batch = 1990-01-01: 1 from Lumigent Schema Alert, 1 from SQLClient Data Provider.

• I haven't seen this in the documentation or support, is there any reason Lumigrant Schema Alert uses that date?

Any Thoughts???

• I don't think it's specific to that application. I have two different main applications running that my local users use, and both applications occasionally have processes with the weird date on them.

• eljeffo,

As "1/1/1900..." is the default date when a date column can not be null, could it be that the process you are seeing this on just has not executed a batch yet and EM is just showing the default?

Regards

• Jeff, that's likely the case. I have been noticing a correlation between by local user app crashing and these processes sitting there... In rechecking my app, I've found that I have a lot of connections open and unused in the app. The developer has been made VERY aware of this issue.

Thanks everyone for your help in this!

• Thanks Jeff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply