Back up is not recognized

• removed

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• @ravi-2,

Better try to do backup from Query

Backup database <Yourdb name> to disk=<'Path of the Physical disk.bak'>

for e.g.

Backup database model to disk='C:\Model_backup.bak'

• Thanks For your reply.

i ran the query, it displys an error, but done the back up successfully.

Processed 325512 pages for database 'PGCENTURION', file 'SBOEdenvaleIntegration_RSA' on file 1.

Processed 41 pages for database 'PGCENTURION', file 'SBOEdenvaleIntegration_RSA_log' on file 1.

Msg 3009, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Could not insert a backup or restore history/detail record in the msdb database. This may indicate a problem with the msdb database. The backup/restore operation was still successful.

BACKUP DATABASE successfully processed 325553 pages in 317.038 seconds (8.412 MB/sec).

The statement has been terminated.

Msg 824, Level 24, State 2, Line 1

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0x0; actual signature: 0xc7eda1a0). It occurred during a read of page (1:952) in database ID 4 at offset 0x00000000770000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\MSDBData.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

please help me in sorting out this problem

thanks in advance

Ravi

• mirravi (8/18/2010)

Thanks For your reply.

i ran the query, it displys an error, but done the back up successfully.

Processed 325512 pages for database 'PGCENTURION', file 'SBOEdenvaleIntegration_RSA' on file 1.

Processed 41 pages for database 'PGCENTURION', file 'SBOEdenvaleIntegration_RSA_log' on file 1.

Msg 3009, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Could not insert a backup or restore history/detail record in the msdb database. This may indicate a problem with the msdb database. The backup/restore operation was still successful.

BACKUP DATABASE successfully processed 325553 pages in 317.038 seconds (8.412 MB/sec).

The statement has been terminated.

Msg 824, Level 24, State 2, Line 1

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: torn page (expected signature: 0x0; actual signature: 0xc7eda1a0). It occurred during a read of page (1:952) in database ID 4 at offset 0x00000000770000 in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\MSDBData.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

please help me in sorting out this problem

thanks in advance

Ravi

Run DBCC CHECKDB for this database , there is some issue with this database.

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• There is issue with the MSDB Database. ( must be a Torn page on disk drive where the mdf of the msdb is stored).

Run Checkdb against the database and review the outcome.

Hope that you are keeping a regular backup policy for MSDB.

• thanks for the reply.

do i need to run DBCC CHECKDB onto msdb or database?

• Yes you need to run checkd on msdb db. But make sure you've a valid backup beforehand.

• hi,

When i run DBCC CHECKDB onto MSDB , the follwing error ocuured.

Msg 8967, Level 16, State 216, Line 1

An internal error occurred in DBCC that prevented further processing. Contact Customer Support Services.

DBCC results for 'msdb'.

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'msdb'.

• mirravi (8/18/2010)

hi,

When i run DBCC CHECKDB onto MSDB , the follwing error ocuured.

Msg 8967, Level 16, State 216, Line 1

An internal error occurred in DBCC that prevented further processing. Contact Customer Support Services.

DBCC results for 'msdb'.

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'msdb'.

try this ( if it is not produciton server/ at your risk ) or wait to comment other on my suggestion

USE [master]

GO

ALTER DATABASE [msdb] SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE

GO

ALTER DATABASE [msdb] SET SINGLE_USER

GO

DBCC CHECKDB (msdb, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)

GO

ALTER DATABASE [msdb] SET MULTI_USER

• or in safer side , you can restore recent MSDB backup

• Go with what Bhuvanesh suggested... but just take a backup of msdb before doing anything.... and what abt the last backup of msdb... do you've it??

• No i dont have MSDB back

• mirravi (8/18/2010)

No i dont have MSDB back

take MSDB backup and

run the below script

USE [master]

GO

ALTER DATABASE [msdb] SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE

GO

ALTER DATABASE [msdb] SET SINGLE_USER

GO

DBCC CHECKDB (msdb, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)

GO

ALTER DATABASE [msdb] SET MULTI_USER

IS this issue on production ?

• Its on Production , thats make me fear to run the query!!

• mirravi (8/18/2010)

Its on Production , thats make me fear to run the query!!

STRANGE :w00t::w00t: , On production , you dont have MSDB backup.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply