auto refreshing the cube

• i need to automatically refresh the cubes or how to schedule the refreshing of cube in analysis services

• Hi,

the way I do it is:

Create a DTS-Package. In this package You configure a Cube-Processing-task. There You choose the appropiate dims and cubes and methods of processing. Save and close the DTS-package. Then rightclick on the DTS-package and define a date or time for this package (within the SQL-Server-Agent).

greets and hth

Bernhard

• thanks in advance

can u please tell me the procedure how to create the DTS package

• Hi,

first I have to mention, that I am telling from Analysis Server 2000.

DTS-Package is in the SQL-Server Management-Console and means Data Transformation Services.

For a short briefe description look at:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa216329(SQL.80).aspx

hth

Bernhard

• If you're using SQL Server 2005 (and I highly recommend it), then you're looking for SSIS (the DTS replacement). There's tasks inside it to do exactly what you're looking for.

Alternatively, you can create a simple job in SQL Server. Script the cube processing task (via Management Studio), create a job with a job step of type: SQL Server Analysis Services Command. and past the script in the command area. Very straightforward.

P.S. Don't forget to add a step to backup the cube in this same job. Musn't forget backups!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply