Auditing Permissions

• Is there a way to audit the users on SQL 2005 to show what permissions they have on the server or on a DB. I have a Server with around 20 DBs and 20-25 users and need to find out if any of the users have too high permissions.

Some hae DBowner on the Databases they own but want to make sure they cant do any thinf to server such as change maintenance plans etc.

Also is there an easy way to stop anyone making backups. as we have maintenance plans to backup full and t-logs, if someone creates an adhoc backup and deletes it will stop the Maintence plans backups restoring.

thanks

• Can allways look at the syslogins table in Master database, should give you all that (not sure about the backup part of your question). Works in all versions up to and including SQL 2005, not sure about 2008.

• i did this a few months ago, will have to find what i did

• I was looking for something like this too...does anyone already have a script they could post?

• Here is a link to an excellent blog post about permissions

http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jamiethomson/archive/2007/02/09/SQL-Server-2005_3A00_-View-all-permissions--_2800_2_2900_.aspx

Bodsda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply