Are the posted questions getting worse?

• CirquedeSQLeil (12/1/2009)

Simply amazing how quiet the.Thread is today.

One time at band camp...

The Thread fell asleep at Thanksgiving and has yet to wake-up completely.

One time at band camp, we were all sitting around the camp fire ....

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (12/1/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/1/2009)

Simply amazing how quiet the.Thread is today....

The Thread fell asleep at Thanksgiving and has yet to wake-up completely. ....

Probably eating too many Turkies...

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (12/1/2009)

Alvin Ramard (12/1/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/1/2009)

Simply amazing how quiet the.Thread is today....

The Thread fell asleep at Thanksgiving and has yet to wake-up completely. ....

Probably eating too many Turkies...

and still eating that turkey, and that turkey, and that turkey

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• no turkey here, after a day of skiing we ended up with Wendy's for dinner before everything closed 😛

• Anyone more familiar with 64-bit SQL connecting to Jet than me? (Wouldn't take much to be able to answer that positively.) Got a guy with a question about it:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic827617-391-1.aspx

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• CirquedeSQLeil (12/1/2009)

Simply amazing how quiet the.Thread is today.

Had been busy with issues at work..

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• just came across this ad:

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic716821-360-3.aspx

Last post in the thread

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (12/2/2009)

just came across this ad:

You missed what happened over Thanksgiving weekend. On the friday that guy had posted to over 20 threads with exactly the same message, even threads that weren't related to performance at all. He continued that behaviour all weekend.

I mailed Steve, he started cleaning up on Monday.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (12/2/2009)

You missed what happened over Thanksgiving weekend. On the friday that guy had posted to over 20 threads with exactly the same message, even threads that weren't related to performance at all. He continued that behaviour all weekend.

That's right, I saw that ad in many threads last weekend...

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• GilaMonster (12/2/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (12/2/2009)

just came across this ad:

:hehe:

I am almost glad I missed it until now. Spending the holiday weekend playing with the kids was much more important.

Learn Extended Events

• Congratulation Gail !, on breaking the 15000 score. 🙂

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• I found out late yesterday that the CEO, the President, the Chairman, and the CFO, of the company I work for, all resigned late Wednesday, without prior notice, and without any reason or explanation given.

I'm still not sure whether this is bad news or good news.

On the potentially bad news side, most of the excutive structure just up and quit, and didn't even bother to say goodbye. That sounds bad. Makes me wonder what they know that nobody else in the building does.

On the potentially good news side, these guys have been essentially invisible as execs the whole time I've been here. They held a company-wide meeting in August about the importance of communication and about their determination to make the company into something amazing. Never heard from them before or since (so much for communication), and now they're gone without even saying why (so much for determination).

As I mentioned to one co-worker, "this would really shake my faith in this company, if I had any".

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• That's a shocker Gus, and not a nice feeling when you have to start thinking about the future of the company you work for.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• GSquared (12/4/2009)

I found out late yesterday that the CEO, the President, the Chairman, and the CFO, of the company I work for, all resigned late Wednesday, without prior notice, and without any reason or explanation given.

On the potentially bad news side, most of the excutive structure just up and quit, and didn't even bother to say goodbye. That sounds bad. Makes me wonder what they know that nobody else in the building does.

On the potentially good news side, these guys have been essentially invisible as execs the whole time I've been here. They held a company-wide meeting in August about the importance of communication and about their determination to make the company into something amazing. Never heard from them before or since (so much for communication), and now they're gone without even saying why (so much for determination).

As I mentioned to one co-worker, "this would really shake my faith in this company, if I had any".

In general, I'd say that's a hint to blow the dust off the resume.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• GSquared (12/4/2009)

I found out late yesterday that the CEO, the President, the Chairman, and the CFO, of the company I work for, all resigned late Wednesday, without prior notice, and without any reason or explanation given.

I hope it's good news, not like rats off a sinking ship.

Seeing who assumes the helm might be an indication of what the future will bring.

Greg E

Viewing 15 posts - 9,601 through 9,615 (of 66,681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply