Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Alvin Ramard (11/2/2009)

Lynn Pettis (11/2/2009)

Thought this one was interesting. Basically, I found this neat code and I would like someone else to port it to SQL Server for me.

I'm interested in seeing the results.

I've been thinking about developing a VBA solution for Excel.

Actually, back when Sudoku first started getting big, I wrote a Level 3 solver in just Excel formulas (i.e., no VBA). Writing a correct Level X Solver (that's one that can solve any Sudoku puzzle) with VBA shouldn't be that hard.

More interesting challenges would be to write a Rater, or else a Generator, or even a Rating-selected Generator.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• RBarryYoung (11/25/2009)

Alvin Ramard (11/2/2009)

Lynn Pettis (11/2/2009)

Thought this one was interesting. Basically, I found this neat code and I would like someone else to port it to SQL Server for me.

I'm interested in seeing the results.

I've been thinking about developing a VBA solution for Excel.

Actually, back when Sudoku first started getting big, I wrote a Level 3 solver in just Excel formulas (i.e., no VBA). Writing a correct Level X Solver (that's one that can solve any Sudoku puzzle) with VBA shouldn't be that hard.

More interesting challenges would be to write a Rater, or else a Generator, or even a Rating-selected Generator.

Hey Barry! We were getting concerned here. Haven't heard from you in a while. Everything okay?

• Grant Fritchey (11/9/2009)

Best thing was showing up late to Buck Woody's session, in a kilt. I sat up front... Sharon Stone was mentioned... 'nough said.

BWAHAAHA!!! OMGROFL! :w00t:

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• Grant Fritchey (11/9/2009)

Alvin Ramard (11/9/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (11/9/2009)

I got lots of head shaking all day with mine, and then some funny looks walking around town later.

However quite a few people said they'd wear then next year. we'll see.

I'm game to wear one next year, if I can make it to the summit, even though it doesn't fit in with my French heritage.

🙂

Like it works when you're German/English. It doesn't matter. Don't worry about tartan. Get a kilt. Wednesday again next year.

Actually, I do have a family tartan. Wonder if I can find it for next year... 😀

[/font]

• Welcome back Barry... Lots of concerned people around here.... 🙂 Glad to see you back

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (11/26/2009)

Welcome back Barry... Lots of concerned people around here.... 🙂 Glad to see you back

Second that Barry.

• Jack Corbett (11/26/2009)

Roy Ernest (11/26/2009)

Welcome back Barry... Lots of concerned people around here.... 🙂 Glad to see you back

Second that Barry.

Yeah welcome back.

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the american folks out there.

I wont be on the forums much, from now on for a while, Just been told my last working day is tomorrow, So looking for a new contract. Hard to believe that they would get rid of the only DBA for the entire UK division but hey it happens.

Have a good time and enjoy your time spent with family and loved ones 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (11/17/2009)

Grant Fritchey (11/17/2009)

Paul White (11/17/2009)

LMGTFY version 2.0:

http://tinyurl.com/yz8f2jd

I'm confused now. Shouldn't that be LMBTFY?

Let

Me

Be

The

First

Yeller??

OOoohh! I just realized why everyone at work calls me "Old Yeller". :angry:

[/font]

• Silverfox (11/26/2009)

I wont be on the forums much, from now on for a while, Just been told my last working day is tomorrow, So looking for a new contract. Hard to believe that they would get rid of the only DBA for the entire UK division but hey it happens.

Yes it happens, and thats a part of being a contracts.

I had the same experience once (intimated 1 day before), though they came back to me later, I had to say "NO", since I got another contract.

All the best for your new job trials.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• RBarryYoung (11/26/2009)

OOoohh! I just realized why everyone at work calls me "Old Yeller". :angry:

Welcome back Barry.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Silverfox (11/26/2009)

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully the search won't take too long.

Best wishes to you too.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Bob Hovious 24601 (11/18/2009)

Any fool can write

Haiku in English.

All he does is stop at sev

Westerner's haiku

drops seasons for irony

thinks itself clever

😀

[/font]

• Bob Hovious 24601 (11/24/2009)

I just took the liberty of calling ProActive and asked directly how Barry was doing. Although they obviously couldn't share details, it appears that he is alive, but "under the weather." I asked them to relay the message that many of us here were concerned about him and hope he gets to feeling better.

Yes, it seems that reports of my demise are somewhat exaggerated. 🙂

[/font]

• Silverfox (11/26/2009)

Jack Corbett (11/26/2009)

Roy Ernest (11/26/2009)

Second that Barry.

Yeah welcome back.

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all the american folks out there.

Hey Fox, sorry to hear that....:-( Hope you get something more interesting very soon.

-Roy

• Lynn Pettis (11/25/2009)

Too be honest, I never saw myself being in the top 5 or breaking 10,000! :Wow:

The first 10,000 points are the toughest. Or so I hear. 😀

[/font]

Viewing 15 posts - 9,571 through 9,585 (of 66,681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply