Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Can one of you index gurus take a look at this one about interpreting sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats? I think I might know the answer, but I'm not sure and I don't want to lead someone astray.

• Gianluca Sartori (11/16/2009)

You could also help him with the ADSL line if he has issues uploading the screenshot. You should be quite expert...:-P

He needs help picking the right size hammer?

😀

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Thanks to the 3 G's (Grant, Gus, and Gail) for weighing in on the Index Fragmentation thread. Fortunately, for me, you confirmed what I would have said, I feel much better now.

• Looks like someone needs a basic computer theory course.

Clustering: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic819325-146-1.aspx

SAN: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic819323-146-1.aspx

RAID: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic819327-146-1.aspx

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (11/16/2009)

Looks like someone needs a basic computer theory course.

Unfortunately, that comment applies to too many developers and administrators.

🙁

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Lynn Pettis (11/16/2009)

Digs posted a project spec here on ssc that he posted on GetAFreelancer.com, so for S & G's (plus I am trying to earn some extra cash as things are tight) I signed up.

Got an email alert about a job tonight and went and checked it out.

OMG, we need to worry about some of the people coming out of school today. Instead of doing their own work, I found at least one person who would rather pay someone else to do it for them.

Ditto. I found several "High School" projects on there. And naturally they wanted the lowest bid (wouldn't take anything over $25).

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (11/16/2009)

Lynn Pettis (11/16/2009)

Digs posted a project spec here on ssc that he posted on GetAFreelancer.com, so for S & G's (plus I am trying to earn some extra cash as things are tight) I signed up.

OMG, we need to worry about some of the people coming out of school today. Instead of doing their own work, I found at least one person who would rather pay someone else to do it for them.

Ditto. I found several "High School" projects on there. And naturally they wanted the lowest bid (wouldn't take anything over $25).

Price Schedule:

$25.00 -- F

$50.00 -- D

$100.00 -- C

$1,000.00 -- B

$10,000.00 -- A

😛

• I would like to apologize for my answers to all three of those... but I won't. 😀

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• GSquared (11/16/2009)

I would like to apologize for my answers to all three of those... but I won't. 😀

I feel like adding something to your responses ... but I won't. 😀

Alvin Ramard

• Lynn Pettis (11/16/2009)

CirquedeSQLeil (11/16/2009)

Lynn Pettis (11/16/2009)

Price Schedule:

$25.00 -- F

$50.00 -- D

$100.00 -- C

$1,000.00 -- B

$10,000.00 -- A

😛

Excellent - I hadn't thought of that when bidding. Maybe i will start using that model 😀

Learn Extended Events

• GSquared (11/16/2009)

I would like to apologize for my answers to all three of those... but I won't. 😀

I am SAN comment and SANS remorse 😀

Learn Extended Events

• Did somebody say "googoo peanut clusters" ??

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bob Hovious 24601 (11/16/2009)

Did somebody say "googoo peanut clusters" ??

Didn't say it, but sure as heck implied it! 🙂

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Can Anybody help me explain group access and conn strings?

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 9,256 through 9,270 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply