Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Hammers aren't fun for technical equipment on the fritz. Now a slingshot.....

• ... or a trebuchet !!!

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Steve Jones - Editor (11/10/2009)

Hammers aren't fun for technical equipment on the fritz. Now a slingshot.....

Depends on how you define the word "hammer"[/u].

Edit: The temptation to link to a video of MC Hammer doing "Can't Touch This" was severe, but not badly enough to do that kind of rickroll.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Well, bless-a my soul, Gus! 😛

Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Hey, I say Enterprise Class servers/software deserve Enterprise Class hammers! That's all! 😀

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Don't forget the Duct Tape!:-D

• I thought sledgehammer, but those flying pieces of ADSL modem are dangerous. Now if you can redirect those down the block.......

• GSquared (11/10/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (11/10/2009)

The one on the right is for configuring the equipment. The one on the left is for doing a reset.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Alvin Ramard (11/10/2009)

GSquared (11/10/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (11/10/2009)

The one on the right is for configuring the equipment. The one on the left is for doing a reset.

Configuring and Hard Reset. The Fine Tuning one seems to be missing.

An assortment insures the right tool for the job at hand.

Greg E

• Grant Fritchey (11/10/2009)

Great to see you.

Likewise. We must do this more often.

I'm glad you got home OK. Your trip is just SO long.

Tell me about it. That last flight (Amsterdam-JHB)felt like slow torture. Long and seriously boring (daytime flight)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Steve Jones - Editor (11/10/2009)

I thought sledgehammer, but those flying pieces of ADSL modem are dangerous. Now if you can redirect those down the block.......

No sledgehammer, I need this modem. Sledgehammer on old wireless one once I confirm I don't have to return it.

Config took ages cause the quick start didn't take into consideration people who are running their own DNS servers. <innocent look>

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • This is a suggestion for all those intending to wear Kilts at the next PASS... ask the organisers to get in some special chairs for you 😛

• Oh look, a little upside down heart....

... or is that an ace of spades? ....

.... a hooded apparition with glowing eyes?

(DANG, this is a good cup of coffee this morning.)

• Bob Hovious 24601 (11/11/2009)

Oh look, a little upside down heart....

... or is that an ace of spades? ....

.... a hooded apparition with glowing eyes?

(DANG, this is a good cup of coffee this morning.)

You lost me on this one.

Property of The Thread

• I was just trying to figure out the picture Ian posted.

Viewing 15 posts - 9,166 through 9,180 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply