Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Bob Hovious 24601 (11/9/2009)

Oh yeah that's right... Thursday is speedos.

Reminder to self: Bring cooler full of frozen pork chops to Thursday's meeting.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Steve: Might want to remove that image. This site doesn't validate age of people with accounts, and it also could cause some work issues.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Grant Fritchey (11/9/2009)

Jeff Moden (11/8/2009)

Jack Corbett (11/7/2009)

Grant Fritchey (11/7/2009)

As far as the cool kids club, I snuck in the back door and I'm trying to be quiet lest anyone notice (not doing a good job there though).

Keep wearing skirts and they might transfer you to another club.

Heh...nah... I was going to say something but it wouldn't be appropriate...

I doubt it would be worse than the crap people were saying to my face.

Best thing was showing up late to Buck Woody's session, in a kilt. I sat up front... Sharon Stone was mentioned... 'nough said.

LMAO

Should we now be calling you Sharon?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Amazing how sideways the Thread goes when talking about Pork Chops and Kilts.

Now there's an image - Kilts with Pork Chops.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• the image is removed. Feel free to post a link with NSFW (not safe for work)

• GSquared (11/9/2009)

Steve: Might want to remove that image. This site doesn't validate age of people with accounts, and it also could cause some work issues.

Sorry for posting that image. I didn't think of that at all.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• CirquedeSQLeil (11/9/2009)

Amazing how sideways the Thread goes when talking about Pork Chops and Kilts.

Now there's an image - Kilts with Pork Chops.

Or Pork Chops and speedos!!!!!!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

I got one answer right.

Wasn't that answer "The SQL Server Central Intelligence Agency"?

I just had a visual of men wearing black suit coats, dark glasses, and kilts..... not pretty.

No, my partner Joe Webb got that one. I got the question on session_id. Actually, I expected the others to answer the question so I was a little surprised that I was the one ringing the buzzer.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Didn't even need to see the picture to know what it was ... 😛

Interesting image, pork chops wearing kilts ... 😛

• Lynn Pettis (11/9/2009)

Didn't even need to see the picture to know what it was ... 😛

Interesting image, pork chops wearing kilts ... 😛

Most of you don't have to deal with the possibility of Bob showing up at our PASS chapter meeting in a Speedo.

I wonder if it's ok for a chapter leader to skip a meeting under such circumstances?

:w00t:

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I think it will be not be a problem to skip the chapter meeting, Coz I will do exactly the same... 🙂 Next year if I make it, I will probably have to sit in that meeting as well....:-)

-Roy

• Changing subject .....

I was wondering if anyone is aware of anything worthwhile that resulted from the Chapter Leader's "get-together" at the PASS Summit.

Alvin Ramard

• Alvin Ramard (11/9/2009)

Changing subject .....

I was wondering if anyone is aware of anything worthwhile that resulted from the Chapter Leader's "get-together" at the PASS Summit.

I was unable to make that meeting due to other commitments. I didn't hear of anything substantial coming out of it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Oh yeah that's right... Thursday is speedos.

Been hanging around Celko?

• Alvin Ramard (11/9/2009)

Changing subject .....

nothing earth shattering and whatever was said could change since Greg Low is off the board and the next board member to have chapters could change it.

You can check out my blog for a few details.

Viewing 15 posts - 9,136 through 9,150 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply