Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Roy Ernest (11/9/2009)

Did someone try to have couple friendly bouts of martial arts? If so who kicked whose A**?? 😀

The only *** kicked was mine when I got on stage with Paul Randal & Kimberly Tripp. It was quite embarassing. I got one answer right.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• I got lots of head shaking all day with mine, and then some funny looks walking around town later.

However quite a few people said they'd wear then next year. we'll see.

• Steve Jones - Editor (11/9/2009)

I got lots of head shaking all day with mine, and then some funny looks walking around town later.

I'm game to wear one next year, if I can make it to the summit, even though it doesn't fit in with my French heritage.

🙂

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• gtuhl (11/7/2009)

Seems like a pretty healthy community [...]

Now there's a dangerous assumption... :-P:-D

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Alvin Ramard (11/9/2009)

Steve Jones - Editor (11/9/2009)

I got lots of head shaking all day with mine, and then some funny looks walking around town later.

I'm game to wear one next year, if I can make it to the summit, even though it doesn't fit in with my French heritage.

🙂

Like it works when you're German/English. It doesn't matter. Don't worry about tartan. Get a kilt. Wednesday again next year.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• jcrawf02 (11/9/2009)

gtuhl (11/7/2009)

Seems like a pretty healthy community [...]

Now there's a dangerous assumption... :-P:-D

I don't think the orignal reference meant Mental Health.

🙂

Alvin Ramard

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• I am planning to come next year, BUT I dont think I want to scare people by wearing a Kilt next year... :hehe:

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (11/9/2009)

I am planning to come next year, BUT I dont think I want to scare people by wearing a Kilt next year... :hehe:

Remember, if I'm not mistaken, a properly worn kilt is worn with knee high socks. This reduces the shock factor.

😀

Alvin Ramard

• ... or is it what's under the kilt that may scare people?:-D

Edited: removed photo

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (11/9/2009)

... or is it what's under the kilt that may scare people?:-D

lol... That was nasty...:-P

-Roy

• Ouch, that was not the image I was trying to present. At the PASS Board discussion, Mr. Webb specifically asked me to sit in the back row :w00t::w00t:

check out SportKilt if you're coming next year. Reasonable prices. I got knee high green socks to go with my green tartan.

• Steve Jones - Editor (11/9/2009)

Ouch, that was not the image I was trying to present. At the PASS Board discussion, Mr. Webb specifically asked me to sit in the back row :w00t::w00t:

check out SportKilt if you're coming next year. Reasonable prices. I got knee high green socks to go with my green tartan.

Yeah, that was TMI (Too Much Imagery)

Alvin Ramard

• I got one answer right.

Wasn't that answer "The SQL Server Central Intelligence Agency"?

I just had a visual of men wearing black suit coats, dark glasses, and kilts..... not pretty.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Hey Bob, remember that our PASS Chapter meetings are held on Thursday, so no kilt required.

😀

Alvin Ramard

• Oh yeah that's right... Thursday is speedos.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

Viewing 15 posts - 9,121 through 9,135 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply