Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Kind of SQL related but...

Other than Steve and Grant who kinda have to be here, who's going to be at the Redgate SQL Summit - Chicago tomorrow?

As I write this from my hotel room at the Intercontinental...  🙂

Time for some dinner down at Mikey Jordans.  😀

• So it of curiosity, who else is going to be at the Redgate Chicago Summit tomorrow?

Other than Steve and Grant, that is?

• And it seems I got bit by the "posted but didn't see it, so posted again and there they both are"

• Well, I'll be there. Causing trouble. Saying stupid stuff. You know, the usual.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Quick interuption: 5+ gallons of blueberries from my bushes. First picking. And oh, do they taste good.

More berries to come in a few weeks, possibly just as many.

What to do. What to do. So many options.

I'd be on a blanching, drying, and freezing mission on half and canning the other half.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden wrote:

Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Quick interuption: 5+ gallons of blueberries from my bushes. First picking. And oh, do they taste good.

More berries to come in a few weeks, possibly just as many.

What to do. What to do. So many options.

I'd be on a blanching, drying, and freezing mission on half and canning the other half.

A nice warm blueberry muffin sounds good right now, or maybe blueberry pancakes. Yum! ;-P

-------------------------------------------------------------
    we travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us
    Don't fear failure, fear regret.

• Was a fun event, saw a bunch of people from the IL/MI/OH area.

20240529_095843

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

Ah, double spacing. Forgot about that. The quoting is a real annoyance as well.

So, are you leaving all of this up to us to contact @marketing, etc?

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• It's a good thing you're a rather...

Distinctive dresser Steve!  Made it easy to follow you into the conference area!

It was a good event, picked up some info that will be handy in deciding if we want to go a certain route with some of our servers.  Of course, I should've made a note in my notes about which notes go with which talk I was in, but hindsight...

• If you can send a note to marketing@ with your specific complaints or issues, that will help. There is a proposal up with our internal IT staff/developers to do some upgrades and then set up a dev environment. However, a little encouragement from all of you always helps.

If you can send a note to marketing@ with your specific complaints or issues, that will help. There is a proposal up with our internal IT staff/developers to do some upgrades and then set up a dev environment. However, a little encouragement from all of you always helps. 

DUAT then?

😎

DUAT == Deligated User Acceptance Testing => Users do the testing (Micro$oft???)

NOTE: No Refresh Buttons were abused in posting this message!

• LOL "NOTE: No Refresh Buttons were abused in posting this message"

• I could use some perspective on an execution issue, please. Schema Execute not working on sproc – SQLServerCentral Forums.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

If you can send a note to marketing@ with your specific complaints or issues, that will help. There is a proposal up with our internal IT staff/developers to do some upgrades and then set up a dev environment. However, a little encouragement from all of you always helps.

I'm not getting this.  Why do you have no pull with your own marketing, Steve?

How about you have them read the last 5 or so pages of this thread? 😉  Or print it out and send it to them.

I (and others) can do write something to marketing or whoever but I'm thinking it's going to be a waste of time.  They deployed this site with all these problems (and more) in place even though many of tested the bejeezus out of the pre-release site and clearly identified the everything that needed to be fixed.  And, if we complain, are they going to do what they did to Simple-Talk (shut down the forums) or ASK SSC (shut down the whole site)?

If they're not listening to you, why would they listen to us?

I just want a little reassurance that it's not going to be a bigger waster of time than it already has been.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• @Grant Fritchey,

I think you'll absolutely love the following article...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/looking-to-ditch-twitter-morse-code-is-back

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

Viewing 15 posts - 66,631 through 66,645 (of 66,681 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply