Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Luis Cazares (4/9/2015)

Original source of the picture in here: http://www.moef.dk/fishfingers/

I need to call my lawyer. They've violated my patent rights. :w00t:

That is awesome Luis!

My mantra: No loops! No CURSORs! No RBAR! Hoo-uh![/I]

My thought question: Have you ever been told that your query runs too fast?

My advice:
    INDEXing a poor-performing query is like putting sugar on cat food. Yeah, it probably tastes better but are you sure you want to eat it?
    The path of least resistance can be a slippery slope. Take care that fixing your fixes of fixes doesn't snowball and end up costing you more than fixing the root cause would have in the first place.

Need to UNPIVOT? Why not CROSS APPLY VALUES instead?[/url]
    Since random numbers are too important to be left to chance, let's generate some![/url]
    Learn to understand recursive CTEs by example.[/url]
    [url url=http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/St

• dwain.c (4/10/2015)

Luis Cazares (4/9/2015)

Original source of the picture in here: http://www.moef.dk/fishfingers/

I need to call my lawyer. They've violated my patent rights. :w00t:

That is awesome Luis!

So is that what we're supposed to be using to write code? Because if it is, that explains a lot about my code. 😀

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• I love finding out that I'm giving a training course from the newsletter sent out the the entire company.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (4/10/2015)

I love finding out that I'm giving a training course from the newsletter sent out the the entire company.

Especially when it's pushed forward to the day of the publication, had one of those not to far back and ended up using some of the problems posted here on SSCentral as the examples, in fact when I found out/read the newsletter, people were already waiting:-D

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (4/10/2015)

GilaMonster (4/10/2015)

I love finding out that I'm giving a training course from the newsletter sent out the the entire company.

Especially when it's pushed forward to the day of the publication, had one of those not to far back and ended up using some of the problems posted here on SSCentral as the examples, in fact when I found out/read the newsletter, people were already waiting:-D

😎

Fortunately this one is scheduled for an unspecified "Later this year". The problem is that I had said to the people involved that I didn't want to give the same training course again this year (I gave it twice last year, the second time to terrible attendance numbers), but that I wanted to give smaller, focused training sessions on topics which the developers wanted to know more about.

Gail Shaw
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

Last month a coworker asked my boss's boss for information on free SQL training. She was asking for a friend of hers who doesn't even work at the company. But the boss misunderstood and told her that I did training on a monthly basis, so to tell me she wanted to attend one of my courses.

Monthly training was news to me. @=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (4/10/2015)

GilaMonster (4/10/2015)

Last month a coworker asked my boss's boss for information on free SQL training. She was asking for a friend of hers who doesn't even work at the company. But the boss misunderstood and told her that I did training on a monthly basis, so to tell me she wanted to attend one of my courses.

Monthly training was news to me. @=)

Just think of all the (billable) time that you can use to get ready for this monthly training. 😀 :w00t:

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• Luis Cazares (4/9/2015)

That's weird. The image is hosted in here.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

EDIT: Original source of the picture in here: http://www.moef.dk/fishfingers/

Several places have "big brother" that does not allow the viewing of code snippets or images from ssc (and other sites). I had that same problem in the past. It displays just fine once you get away from the vices of such things (e.g. websense).

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

That is awesome.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (4/10/2015)

GilaMonster (4/10/2015)

That is awesome.

I could use a few other phrases at this point in time....

Gail Shaw

The ladies at my wifes employer not too long ago found out the company was hosting a seminar in the office, in two weeks, from the company website. The ladies are the ones who have to make all the arrangements (food, drinks, seating, parking, etc.) Even more fun, the woman who develops the website didn't put the announcement up on the website, because she didn't know about it either...

Then they end up with more people attending (because walk-ins were allowed) then the room could hold, resulting in aggravated attendees who couldn't attend. Resulting in a pair of managers...

Well, you can guess.

• Is everyone OK? Are people ill or something? Because this just happened and it has me concerned:

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (4/10/2015)

Is everyone OK? Are people ill or something? Because this just happened and it has me concerned:

Not that I've ever been that high, but I'm putting out fires and trying to resolve SFTP in SSIS issues.

• Brandie Tarvin (4/10/2015)

Grant Fritchey (4/10/2015)

Is everyone OK? Are people ill or something? Because this just happened and it has me concerned:

Not that I've ever been that high, but I'm putting out fires and trying to resolve SFTP in SSIS issues.

Are you saying I'm on drugs?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (4/10/2015)

Brandie Tarvin (4/10/2015)

Grant Fritchey (4/10/2015)

Are you saying I'm on drugs?

Was that supposed to be a secret? :w00t:

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2

Viewing 15 posts - 48,151 through 48,165 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply