Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Greg Edwards-268690 (10/16/2013)

Koen Verbeeck (10/16/2013)

Can I install CTP2 over CTP1?

Apparently not...

Upgrading from Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP 1 to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP 2 is NOT supported.

SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 2 ( CTP 2) Release Notes

And The Thread has us talking to ourselves.

Is this some form of Self Service BI? 😀

Wibble.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (10/16/2013)

Greg Edwards-268690 (10/16/2013)

Can I install CTP2 over CTP1?

Apparently not...

Upgrading from Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP 1 to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 CTP 2 is NOT supported.

SQL Server 2014 Community Technology Preview 2 ( CTP 2) Release Notes

And The Thread has us talking to ourselves.

Is this some form of Self Service BI? 😀

Wibble.

Don't know whether to Wibble or Wobble.

So I guess I will just join you in killing some bandwidth.

• Well, I'm back. 8 days on the road was a lot. Met many people, saw many more, including Rodney in Charleston and Charlotte, along with Wayne, Jason Brimhall, and more. Grant and I had a nice 5 or 6 hour trip from Atlanta to Charleston, landing at 1:30am with SQL Saturday starting a few hours later.

I got to repeat that last night, landing at almost 3 and getting home at 4am this morning.

Whew, I'm beat.

Big misses on this trip were not getting to see Paul White or Gail.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (10/16/2013)

Well, I'm back. 8 days on the road was a lot. Met many people, saw many more, including Rodney in Charleston and Charlotte, along with Wayne, Jason Brimhall, and more. Grant and I had a nice 5 or 6 hour trip from Atlanta to Charleston, landing at 1:30am with SQL Saturday starting a few hours later.

I got to repeat that last night, landing at almost 3 and getting home at 4am this morning.

Whew, I'm beat.

Big misses on this trip were not getting to see Paul White or Gail.

It was good seeing you Steve, always a pleasure.

I guess I'll have to give Gail another hug on behalf of you!

Monday night was fun.

Glad I surprised you in Charleston!

Still to meet up with Jack C...

Rodders...

• So I missed the start of WIT at PASS, so Gail was already sitting down. So don't know if she did anything when she walked on.

But wearing Jedi cloak.

There were maybe six people in cloaks, our very own Wayne was one.

Paul brimmel, Robert Davis and Argines fernandez also saw.

Apparently there was a flash mob light saber fight but I missed that 🙁 so no photos.

I'm hoping Paul White will come the rescue there!

Rodders...

• I wasn't around for the flash mob, but that didn't stop Argenis and I having a repeat performance a little later

https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5935932615867871922&oid=114437370872037465059

If the URL doesn't work, I'll upload it separately.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • rodjkidd (10/17/2013)

There were maybe six people in cloaks, our very own Wayne was one.

Paul brimmel, Robert Davis and Argines fernandez also saw.

Jason, Wayne, Argenis, Denny are the ones I know.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • So Rodders finally tracked me down at the Community Appreciation party and it was a pleasure to meet him.. He and Richard Douglas tried to convince me to speak at either SQLBits or SQLSaturday Dublin. Neither is likely to happen anytime soon, but I won't rule it out totally.

Summit has been a great time as usual. I definitely

recommend it to everyone.

• GilaMonster (10/17/2013)

I wasn't around for the flash mob, but that didn't stop Argenis and I having a repeat performance a little later

https://plus.google.com/photos?pid=5935932615867871922&oid=114437370872037465059

One of those two looks like Varys from Game of Thrones.

(He might want to be careful with that lightsaber lest he ends up a eunuch.)

Fal.

• Well, I done gone and did it - now blogging (finally) at SQLSouth[/url] and tweeting from @SQLSouth. Hope you'll check 'em out!

Having a blast at PASS Summit 2013!

Jason

Jason Wolfkill

• wolfkillj (10/18/2013)

Well, I done gone and did it - now blogging (finally) at SQLSouth[/url] and tweeting from @SQLSouth. Hope you'll check 'em out!

Having a blast at PASS Summit 2013!

Jason

Following you on Twitter.

Small tip: change your profile picture. A lot of people won't follow you if you're still an egg 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• GilaMonster (10/17/2013)

I wasn't around for the flash mob, but that didn't stop Argenis and I having a repeat performance a little later

+1. Starwars in the making. 🙂

• You know, people may complain about the hassles of installing SPs and CUs and updating the OS of their SQL servers, but that's nothing compared to doing Oracle Quarterly patches...

Having to rename DLLs that the Oracle service doesn't let go of, even when you've stopped the DB, having to actually STOP the various Oracle services, because the patch utility is a batch file making sure you're in the right directory, having to remember to run your CMD Prompt as Administrator...

I realize a dedicated, determined Oracle admin could probably put together a Powershell or Python script to do all of this automatically, but give me an EXE / MSI / MSU to double-click and click Next a few times any day...

Written while backing up an Oracle system before applying the current quarterly patches to a QA environment...

• jasona.work (10/18/2013)

You know, people may complain about the hassles of installing SPs and CUs and updating the OS of their SQL servers, but that's nothing compared to doing Oracle Quarterly patches...

Having to rename DLLs that the Oracle service doesn't let go of, even when you've stopped the DB, having to actually STOP the various Oracle services, because the patch utility is a batch file making sure you're in the right directory, having to remember to run your CMD Prompt as Administrator...

I realize a dedicated, determined Oracle admin could probably put together a Powershell or Python script to do all of this automatically, but give me an EXE / MSI / MSU to double-click and click Next a few times any day...

Written while backing up an Oracle system before applying the current quarterly patches to a QA environment...

Just curious, maybe a business could be started.

How much do you think you would pay for such an exe? 😀

• As Jack said I finally tracked him down...

Felt a bit like the Colin Hay (ex Men at Work) song "Looking For Jack" !!

Great guy, it was a pleasure to meet you Jack. Next time warn everyone if you have shaved the beard or grown it back! 🙂

Also as a bonus on the Bucket List, met Jim Murphy on the way to the NASCAR hall of fame. So that was cool. Nice guy as well! E aren't we all on this thread?

Gail - See Denny, I did not.

Last day, it's gone so quickly...

Rodders...

Viewing 15 posts - 41,821 through 41,835 (of 66,680 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply