Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Koen Verbeeck (8/14/2013)

And this post marks my 10,000th one on SSC! 😎 😎 :w00t: (and some of them were actually useful!)

Now that I'm one of the big boyz and Grant can finally start talking to me, I'm ready to collect my SSC T-shirt, my secret manual of DBCC Timewarp with all documented and non-documented paraemeters and of course the 10,000 dollar equivalent of the points (paypal suits me just fine).

Which version of DBCC TimeWarp? Oh... you didn't know about that? You need to wait another 10,000 points to learn that!

Congrats on your milestone.

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

And this post marks my 10,000th one on SSC! 😎 😎 :w00t: (and some of them were actually useful!)

Now that I'm one of the big boyz and Grant can finally start talking to me, I'm ready to collect my SSC T-shirt, my secret manual of DBCC Timewarp with all documented and non-documented paraemeters and of course the 10,000 dollar equivalent of the points (paypal suits me just fine).

No, no. I'm not going to be talking to you. I can just hear what you say now.

ha!

Congrats!

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (8/14/2013)

I can just hear what you say now.

ha!

THAT'S FINE BY ME! 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Is there some muttering somewhere in the background?

😛

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Grant Fritchey (8/14/2013)

Koen Verbeeck (8/14/2013)

No, no. I'm not going to be talking to you. I can just hear what you say now.

ha!

Congrats!

I don't need any more voices in my head. It's loud enough in there already, thank you very much!

Jason Wolfkill

• Ah, so much fun being on a contract job...

"We've got a bunch of hours to spare, do you want to work 9-10 hour days for the next 6 weeks?"

Of course, the corrolary to that would be:

"There's only enough hours left for you to work 32 hours a week, pick a day to not be here."

Thankfully this time I'm in the top situation...

• jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ah, so much fun being on a contract job...

"We've got a bunch of hours to spare, do you want to work 9-10 hour days for the next 6 weeks?"

"There's only enough hours left for you to work 32 hours a week, pick a day to not be here."

Yeah, the money is nice, but now you're not going to get to drive your new car.

• Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

But that also means fewer miles on it, and money to get snow tires and cheap steel rims for the winter...

😎

• jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

But that also means fewer miles on it, and money to get snow tires and cheap steel rims for the winter...

😎

Snow tires, that reminds me of "home". Getting chains too?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A little knowledge is a dangerous thing (Alexander Pope)
    In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Jan Van der Eecken (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

😎

No, this is one of those cars with not enough space between the tires and the body for chains...

Besides, this is Michigan, we don't need no stinkin' chains!

Actually thinking about the winter with this car, and the *most* fun will be getting out of the driveway some mornings...

We're on a school route, so the plows come down the street our drive opens on, and of course leave a pile of snow at the end of the driveway...

So I'm either going to need to clear a *LOT* of the street to keep the mound down, or get up early to clear the end of the drive before I leave in the morning. Or hope we have a light winter, with little snow (which now means we'll end up with about 3ft by Thanksgiving...)

• jasona.work (8/15/2013)

Jan Van der Eecken (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

😎

No, this is one of those cars with not enough space between the tires and the body for chains...

Actually thinking about the winter with this car, and the *most* fun will be getting out of the driveway some mornings...

We're on a school route, so the plows come down the street our drive opens on, and of course leave a pile of snow at the end of the driveway...

So I'm either going to need to clear a *LOT* of the street to keep the mound down, or get up early to clear the end of the drive before I leave in the morning. Or hope we have a light winter, with little snow (which now means we'll end up with about 3ft by Thanksgiving...)

I know the feeling. But maybe you should have gone for the Forester after all? Not that it'll take you through 3ft of nicely ploughed-up snow though. You'd need a Merc Unimog to accomplish that 🙂

In order for us to help you as efficiently as possible, please read this before posting (courtesy of Jeff Moden)[/url]

• Jan Van der Eecken (8/15/2013)

jasona.work (8/15/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

😎

I know the feeling. But maybe you should have gone for the Forester after all? Not that it'll take you through 3ft of nicely ploughed-up snow though. You'd need a Merc Unimog to accomplish that 🙂

I've been thrown a bit by references to Mercedes as "Merc" - in the US, that nickname was historically applied to the Mercury nameplate.

Jason Wolfkill

Congrats, and thanks for all the posts.

• wolfkillj (8/15/2013)

Jan Van der Eecken (8/15/2013)

jasona.work (8/15/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

😎

I've been thrown a bit by references to Mercedes as "Merc" - in the US, that nickname was historically applied to the Mercury nameplate.

That's what we call a Mercedes down here in SA. And a BMW is a Beamer.

What's a Mercury nameplate btw? Guess not what Freddy Mercury would have worn around his neck?

• Jan Van der Eecken (8/15/2013)

wolfkillj (8/15/2013)

Jan Van der Eecken (8/15/2013)

jasona.work (8/15/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

Ed Wagner (8/14/2013)

jasona.work (8/14/2013)

😎

That's what we call a Mercedes down here in SA. And a BMW is a Beamer.

What's a Mercury nameplate btw? Guess not what Freddy Mercury would have worn around his neck?

I remember as a fresh-faced first time car buyer, being told by the owner of the 2nd hand car showroom about his "Beamer" and not having the foggiest idea what he was talking about!

Rodders...

Viewing 15 posts - 40,921 through 40,935 (of 66,680 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply