Are the posted questions getting worse?

• The Dixie Flatline (4/20/2012)

venoym

Dixie: Ever heard of Empire?

Back in the DOS days, I wasted many an hour on Empire. Lately, my turn-based timewaster has been Civilization IV, but I uninstalled it and went cold-turkey. Right now I kill about half an hour at night playing (don't laugh please) the original DOS version of Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon.

I've petered out on Civ V, but I do still occasionally play that version on Railroad Tycoon. It was the only one in the series that was any good.

I've found some good computer versions of board games that I've been playing lately

Rail Baron and Empire Builder for the PC and I just got an iPad and there's an app for my favorite game of all time: Titan. As I just got it, I'm sure I'll get nothing done this weekend.

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Lynn Pettis (4/20/2012)

Just read Riya_Dave's latest post, just more of the same "I'll repost what I have already posted, maybe with a few minor but incomrehensible changes."

I wanted to say something, but I just walked away. I am glad, however, that I am not the only one who is confused about what he is asking. I was beginning to doubt my own sanity.

I made an attempt. I know it's wrong. But I'm hoping that showing where I had to fill in complete blank holes in his logic and explanation that maybe he'll see that they're complete blank holes. Who knows. I get anything other than a thank you for it though and i'm out of there.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (4/20/2012)

Lynn Pettis (4/20/2012)

Just read Riya_Dave's latest post, just more of the same "I'll repost what I have already posted, maybe with a few minor but incomrehensible changes."

I wanted to say something, but I just walked away. I am glad, however, that I am not the only one who is confused about what he is asking. I was beginning to doubt my own sanity.

I made an attempt. I know it's wrong. But I'm hoping that showing where I had to fill in complete blank holes in his logic and explanation that maybe he'll see that they're complete blank holes. Who knows. I get anything other than a thank you for it though and i'm out of there.

Probably won't. We've tried showing him the holes in his logic/code but nothing ever really happened.

• Brandie Tarvin (4/20/2012)

Unrelated question:

Has anyone heard of a company called Kaseya? They apparently do IT software, user conferences, and webinars, but I can't find much more out about them - reviews, etc.- (unless my Googlefu just sucks today). They have some interesting webinars coming up that I'm tempted to take, but since I've never heard of them before today, I'm leary that this might just be another spam marketeer pimping their own products.

http://www.kaseya.com/events/webinars.aspx

Heard of them - have a client that uses them.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Stefan Krzywicki (4/20/2012)

GilaMonster (4/19/2012)

Personally I'm voting for 'ignore the trolls'

#declare NewTopic;

Who plays MMOs and which ones?

I've just quit the one I played for a few years, they added a 'pay to win' mechanism in. ๐Ÿ™ Looking for a new stomping ground & thought I'd see what others play and why.

I used to play City of Heroes a lot, but I think I haven't logged in in about a year. I should really cancel my membership.

You can play for free now, if you like.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• Stefan Krzywicki (4/20/2012)

GilaMonster (4/19/2012)

#declare NewTopic;

I've just quit the one I played for a few years, they added a 'pay to win' mechanism in. ๐Ÿ™ Looking for a new stomping ground & thought I'd see what others play and why.

I used to play City of Heroes a lot, but I think I haven't logged in in about a year. I should really cancel my membership.

I've been playing Old Republic since pre-release as I'd had it on pre-order for around 18 months. Another update it just around the corner.

• SQLRNNR (4/20/2012)

Brandie Tarvin (4/20/2012)

Unrelated question:

Has anyone heard of a company called Kaseya? They apparently do IT software, user conferences, and webinars, but I can't find much more out about them - reviews, etc.- (unless my Googlefu just sucks today). They have some interesting webinars coming up that I'm tempted to take, but since I've never heard of them before today, I'm leary that this might just be another spam marketeer pimping their own products.

http://www.kaseya.com/events/webinars.aspx

Heard of them - have a client that uses them.

Anything good? Anything bad?

Or just heard of them?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Lynn Pettis (4/20/2012)

Grant Fritchey (4/20/2012)

Lynn Pettis (4/20/2012)

Probably won't. We've tried showing him the holes in his logic/code but nothing ever really happened.

Latest responses:

riya_dave (4/20/2012)

no.

account(@p1) is udf and i need to get value i1 from udf.

how can i join this ,it doesn have any common column

riya_dave (4/20/2012)

and this udf returns table,not scalar

Real helpful, isn't it?

• GSquared (4/20/2012)

Stefan Krzywicki (4/20/2012)

GilaMonster (4/19/2012)

#declare NewTopic;

You can play for free now, if you like.

Which is yet another reason to cancel my yearly payment. : -)

I started playing in beta and have had a continuous account since.

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    Itโ€™s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    Whatโ€™s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Tried one more. It won't be right either, but an effort was made.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Tried one more. It won't be right either, but an effort was made.

Sean and I have never gotten a straight answer to anything we have tried. We have tried telling him where his logic had holes.

We have asked and pleaded for more information, but he simply won't provide what is needed to give him the help is trying to get.

Tried one more. It won't be right either, but an effort was made.

And you notice, not a word about the code pulled from his other thread, which this thread is actually a piece of.

• I am enjoying a lighthearted chuckle at your expense. I'm also thinking about writing up a 12-step program for you guys.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

I am enjoying a lighthearted chuckle at your expense. I'm also thinking about writing up a 12-step program for you guys.

Considering what you have been through, if we can make you laugh then we are doing good. ๐Ÿ˜€

I am enjoying a lighthearted chuckle at your expense. I'm also thinking about writing up a 12-step program for you guys.

12 Steps is likely not enough.

They are like addicts.

Always going to quit, but then right back at it.

Viewing 15 posts - 35,626 through 35,640 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply