Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Grant Fritchey (2/16/2012)

Stefan Krzywicki (2/16/2012)

Brandie Tarvin (2/16/2012)

Can I just say, I hate that nothing dies in Florida? For those of you experiencing winter, please send snow in my direction. I'm in desperate need of something to stop the crap from blooming. I can barely breathe.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/weather/32224?lswe=&lswa=&whatprefs=&from=allergy_welcome

@sob!

There's no help for you from Boston this year. A friend of mine just took pictures of the daffodils coming up in her yard.

Yeah, and I'm taking the Scouts on our "Winter Survival" campout this weekend w/o snow and with high temperatures near 50. More like "Late Fall Survival"

Take them to Europe. Germany, The Czech Republic and Poland are still freezing. A week ago it was so bad that trains were not running because their diesel fuel froze solid.

• bitbucket-25253 (2/16/2012)

SQL Kiwi (2/16/2012)

Are the posted articles[/url] getting worse?

Just shows that you must read the comments posted on any published article.

I may be missing something. Do the comments on that one actually help?

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• SQL Kiwi (2/16/2012)

Dunno about worse, but definitely shorter

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Revenant (2/16/2012)

Grant Fritchey (2/16/2012)

Can I just say, I hate that nothing dies in Florida? For those of you experiencing winter, please send snow in my direction. I'm in desperate need of something to stop the crap from blooming. I can barely breathe.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/weather/32224?lswe=&lswa=&whatprefs=&from=allergy_welcome

@sob!

There's no help for you from Boston this year. A friend of mine just took pictures of the daffodils coming up in her yard.

Yeah, and I'm taking the Scouts on our "Winter Survival" campout this weekend w/o snow and with high temperatures near 50. More like "Late Fall Survival"

Take them to Europe. Germany, The Czech Republic and Poland are still freezing. A week ago it was so bad that trains were not running because their diesel fuel froze solid.

Indeed. It just stopped freezing a few days ago. Snow is almost melted everywhere.

The coldest was about -20 celsius at night and -12 celsius during the day. I once spent 25 minutes trying to start my car so I could get to work. (stupid American car :-P)

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (2/16/2012)

Revenant (2/16/2012)

@sob!

Indeed. It just stopped freezing a few days ago. Snow is almost melted everywhere.

The coldest was about -20 celsius at night and -12 celsius during the day. I once spent 25 minutes trying to start my car so I could get to work. (stupid American car :-P)

Same situation, few days ago it was -25C (or -13F) and it is still 50cm (20 inches) of snow around me and no intention of melting any time soon πŸ˜€

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• D.Oc (2/16/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (2/16/2012)

Revenant (2/16/2012)

@sob!

Same situation, few days ago it was -25C (or -13F) and it is still 50cm (20 inches) of snow around me and no intention of melting any time soon πŸ˜€

You should go inside!

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• It's 79F here today. Beautiful weather. Sucks to be stuck indoors.

(Yes, I'm rubbing it in.)

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• 28 C, gorgeous summer day, and a late afternoon storm to cool things down for the evening.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Wow. People really do talk about the weather around the water cooler, don't they?

@=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

(stupid American car :-P)

BWWAAA-HAAAA!!!! They're made from mostly foreign parts. πŸ˜€

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• GilaMonster (2/16/2012)

28 C, gorgeous summer day, and a late afternoon storm to cool things down for the evening.

Please pack it and ship it, I could use some.

• Brandie Tarvin (2/16/2012)

Evil Kraig F (2/15/2012)

Brandie Tarvin (2/15/2012)

bitbucket-25253 (2/15/2012)

Brandie Tarvin (2/15/2012)

bitbucket-25253 (2/15/2012)

Brandie

go here

http://originalchocolatebar.com/newintro.html

HA! That's exactly what I need. Thanks. @=)

Now, now be honest is it the chocolate or the Martinis or maybe a bite of chocolate washed down with a sip of the Martini ?

Be honest?

It's the drunk guy at the bar bragging about his IT skills who I am going to knock over the head, drag back to my workplace, and put on the phone with my customer.

Let him deal with the problem. I've got a date at the beach!

That should seriously help the client...

Oh? Are you planning to be the drunk guy at the bar? @=)

Oh for the love of god no, please no. I started as over the phone helpdesk software support on everything from Lotus Notes to MS Office/Access to <insert random off the shelf software here>. I would have to be on a drinking binge to ever go back to that pressure cooker.

Sorry if I've been AWOL a bit lately, I've got a massive project chewing up my mental capacity lately. When I'm tired my temper gets short so I've been trying to avoid the posts that would make me reach for a sledgehammer. πŸ˜‰

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• GSquared (2/16/2012)

bitbucket-25253 (2/16/2012)

SQL Kiwi (2/16/2012)

Just shows that you must read the comments posted on any published article.

I may be missing something. Do the comments on that one actually help?

No. Should we be asking 2Are teh posted comments getting worse?"

But I've seen worse articles. And both seen and written worse comments.

Tom

Revenant (2/16/2012)

@sob!

Hye hey I drive a desil turbo changed Mercedes ... madie in Germany - try starting that one in the Cleveland area ... had a block heater installed so have to plug it in each night if I want to get going in the AM

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (2/16/2012)

Koen Verbeeck (2/16/2012)

Revenant (2/16/2012)

@sob!

Hye hey I drive a desil turbo changed Mercedes ... madie in Germany - try starting that one in the Cleveland area ... had a block heater installed so have to plug it in each night if I want to get going in the AM

You can use the WWII-vintage method of draining the oil from the engine every night, keeping it indoors, heating it in the morning, pouring it back in and keeping the engine running all day. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 34,336 through 34,350 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply