Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Here's a new tool for the trade (the Jedi trade, that is).....

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• John Rowan (6/25/2010)

Here's a new tool for the trade (the Jedi trade, that is).....

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html

Cool

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• It's an elegant weapon....

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Lynn Pettis (6/25/2010)

Steve Jones - Editor (6/25/2010)

PASS. No interest in flying 64 hours to ski for a couple days.

Send me pix, I'm happy to wait for Oct here. I went Oct 25 last year.

Where is your sense of adventure. If I could afford it, I'd give it a try just to say I did it!

Good on you, Lynn 🙂

San Francisco to Auckland is a mere 12h 15m flight.

Downside is the cost - about NZ$1600 return on Air New Zealand (about US$1100).

I've only ever skied once - and that was indoors in Auckland. I sucked a bit.

http://www.snowplanet.co.nz/

• To all UK soccer fans:

I'm truly sorry for having such a blind (assistant) referee! The "Wembley-like" English goal was clearly in... At least this time (I'm not talking about '66 though...).

Side note: I'm talking about the half-time soccer result Germany - England (2:1) 😉

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• I'm running out of countries to support in the WC. SA's gone, england's chances look non-existent...

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • auf wiedersehen England!

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "It takes 15 minutes to learn the game and a lifetime to master"
    "Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality."

• D.Oc (6/27/2010)

auf wiedersehen England!

At least it didnt all depend on a dodgy decision. Outclassed in pretty much every dept.

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• Dave Ballantyne (6/27/2010)

D.Oc (6/27/2010)

auf wiedersehen England!

At least it didnt all depend on a dodgy decision. Outclassed in pretty much every dept.

It's hard to even support that claim (the "dodgy decision" one). I can't believe FIFA actually tolerates the shoddy refereeing that's being shown. It seems like just about every game is marred with yet another blwon/missed call, missed goals, etc... There are so many bad calls - you start to wonder what the brackets would look like if they had been properly officiated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Matt Miller (#4) (6/27/2010)

It's hard to even support that claim (the "dodgy decision" one). I can't believe FIFA actually tolerates the shoddy refereeing that's being shown. It seems like just about every game is marred with yet another blwon/missed call, missed goals, etc... There are so many bad calls - you start to wonder what the brackets would look like if they had been properly officiated.

Steve may like it: due to the "quality" of the referees the voices over here in Germany asking for instant replays are getting louder and louder. Especially after the Argentina-Mexico game, where the AR didn't recognice an offside situation but realized it when looking at the replay at the main video screen in the stadium. But even then the center ref didn't change his mind. Unbelievable!

The discussion regarding the referee quality starts to ruin the FIFA WC. What a shame!

Lutz
    A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question[/url]
    How to post performance related questions[/url]
    Links for Tally Table [/url] , Cross Tabs [/url] and Dynamic Cross Tabs [/url], Delimited Split Function[/url]

• I did see the 2nd goal by England. That was bad. 3 refs, none see the goal.

They ought to at least have 2 more, one at each goal.

• I will agree that there have been some bad calls, some made and some that should have. Over all, however, I think the officiating has been good. I don't know if I good do as well in the same situation.

I'm curoius, how many people out there complaining have actually been out there having to make the decisions we refs have to make during the playing of a game.

If you think you can do better, step up to plate and joins out on the pitch.

• Lynn Pettis (6/27/2010)

I will agree that there have been some bad calls, some made and some that should have. Over all, however, I think the officiating has been good. I don't know if I good do as well in the same situation.

I'm curoius, how many people out there complaining have actually been out there having to make the decisions we refs have to make during the playing of a game.

If you think you can do better, step up to plate and joins out on the pitch.

Heh... been there and done that.... at the finish line of a six lane Pinewood Derby track for the Cub Scouts. I only had to do that once and it was absolutely the worst! I don't envy any Ref.

Right after that, I built a computerized judge for the track that automatically kept scores for a double elimination round robin. It even survived some high speed camera shots and a couple of angry parents that no longer had a say so. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• lmu92 (6/27/2010)

Matt Miller (#4) (6/27/2010)

Steve may like it: due to the "quality" of the referees the voices over here in Germany asking for instant replays are getting louder and louder. Especially after the Argentina-Mexico game, where the AR didn't recognice an offside situation but realized it when looking at the replay at the main video screen in the stadium. But even then the center ref didn't change his mind. Unbelievable!

The discussion regarding the referee quality starts to ruin the FIFA WC. What a shame!

Hmmmm.... in this day and age it seems to me that they could show a replay and have the audience vote on it in seconds.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I agree Steve, that 2nd England goal should have been awarded...but overall, the German's were much better.

England's defense was non existent, attacking lacked aggression.....

Basically, Germany still outplayed them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

Viewing 15 posts - 16,021 through 16,035 (of 66,679 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply