Another silly question...

• Well if this site is the best around, it failed to help me in my simple question.

• Quote: Imagine your boss asks you to setup a Windows 2003 domain. know nothing about it, so you join a forum to find out how. Free and quick information. You may not know all the ins and outs, but you got help on how to set it up, and from there, you'll start to learn the rest of it.

Get it now?? Jeez!

End Quote

No, I don't. If my boss asked me to set up a Windows 2003 domain, after I let the boss know I don't know anything about it my first step would be to buy a book on Windows 2003. Next step would be to look for some classes on it. Once I began building it, if I ran into some specific problems, then I would go look for a forum to help me out.

BTW-since you installed Query Analyzer, you should have the BOL installed also...so I have to ask....why didn't you look it up in the help files?

BOL=Books OnLine=Microsoft SQL Server's HELP

Installed as part of the Client Tools

Found at Start>Programs>Microsoft SQL Server>Books OnLine

or online at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/startsql/portal_7ap1.asp

-SQLBill

• Books Online ( BOL ) is a nice place to start with

• >>Well if this site is the best around, it failed to help me in my simple question.

Well, ask for a refund.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply