An internal consistency error occurred.

• Do you have access to source database? If yes, try running DBCC CHECKDB on source database and verify if that is fine or not.

Manu

• This helped. I got a more specific error message that indicates the backup file is "not a valid Microsoft Tape format backup set." Not yet sure what this means since we don't do tape backups. But I'll try restoring a different file and see how that goes.

Thanks!

Donna

• Hi dbrooks,

I've seen the 'not a valid Microsoft Tape format backup set' error when someone tried to restore a SS 2005 backup onto a SS 2000 server. Again, there were no tapes involved.

Cath

• Hi when i try to restore Full database in to SQL server 2000 EE, it is giving the error "Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Cannot open backup device 'SBLTMP'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3201) RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed."

The original backup was taken from SQL server 2000 Enterprise edition in WIn 2003 and we are restoring it to SQL server 2000 standard edition in Win 2k. i have checked the backup file and everything seems to be fine. but still i am getting the same error. every time it is succes but some times it is failing and needs to be started manually.

It will be more helpful if anyone can suggest a workaround for this.

Thanks

Kuma

• Kumar,

Have you chked the existence of backup device named "SQLTMP" on the server where you r trying to restore the backup file?

Manu

• Hi everyone,

I am also having similar problem when i try to restore database using command;

RESTORE LOG [test] FROM DISK = N'C:\restore\test.2.log' WITH FILE = 1, NORECOVERY, NOUNLOAD

"Executed as user: domain\account. CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 262) RESTORE HEADERONLY is terminating abnormally. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3013). The step failed.

Does anyone know why this is?

Any help would be much appreciated.

vivek

Vivek Shukla - MCTS SQL Server 2008

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply