Aggregate Function

• I am new to SQL Server Reporting. Here is my problem. When I am trying to deploy the report I am getting an error message. Please find the attached screen shots. Thanks in advance.

Error1The Value expression for the textrun 'textbox6.Paragraphs[0].TextRuns[0]' contains an aggregate function (or RunningValue or RowNumber functions) in the argument to another aggregate function (or RunningValue). Aggregate functions cannot be nested inside other aggregate functions.

url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/73609688@N08/6636861065][/url][/url]

• Please let me know whether you are using RDL or RDLC.

• Thanks for your reply. It is RDL.

• Let me know in detail the scenario of taking aggregation. Since i tried several times in RDL's the aggregate works properly.

• Check the expression on your textbox6, are you trying to use two aggregates one nested inside the other i.e. Avg(Sum(Fields!Field)). As the error says you cannot nest aggregate functions

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Nested aggregates are not supported by direct line SQL queries. You might want to consider writing a CTE (Common table expression)

Please see here

Raunak J

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply