Agent Mail

• Hi All,

I am having a problem setting up sql agent mail. I am running in with a groupwise mail system but I have it running POP3 so I should be able to use the agent mail.

The problem I am having is as follows.

I installed outlook 2000 sp3 onto the SQL Server.

I logged onto the sql server using the SQLService account that SQL Server is using. I setup a mail profile using the Internet mail option. This all went fine.

I then launched Enterprise Manager, expanded the management folder and right clicked on the SQL Server Agent. I then selected the mail profile that I create in outlook and clicked test, which was passed without any trouble.

I then expanded the support and services folder and right clicked on SQL Mail. When I clicked on the drop down menu to select the mail profile I wished to use, there is nothing there.

I have tried this procedure several times but am having the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas ? I would really appreciate it.

Michael

Michael Carty

• Is SQL Agent set-up as a local account or Domain account?  I think it has to be set-up with a domain account to be able to use the SQL mail functionality

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Thanks for the post AJ.

I dont think it needs to be a domain account. I think that as long as a MAPI profile exisits then it should work but I could be wrong

Michael Carty

• Thanks very much for the link. It looks great. I actually got it to work with POP3, but I may try it with the way suggested in this article but Microsoft say that the groupwise client will not work with SQL Agent Mail, but I suppose they would say that !!!

Michael Carty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply