Agent job help pls!

• Hi,

I want to create a step in an agent job to check the rows in a table. If rowcount = 0 then quit job, else proceed to next step. I'm not sure how to write this, so any help/cod samples would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Code

• You may call sp_stop_job in step to stop job, and you can check job history from log or directly from job history table to identify which time the job was terminated.

No Signature

• Thanks for the reply. I’m having trouble coming up with the correct syntax for your solution, can you help? This is the direction I was going, but I could be way off track..

SELECT CASE WHEN (select count(BILLIDNO) FROM WORK_JTR.[dbo].[TESTMAIL]) >0 THEN '?' - –What do I put here to advance to the next step?

ELSE EXEC dbo.sp_stop_job

N'JOST TEST MAIL'

END

• Code-1029433 (6/23/2010)

Thanks for the reply. I’m having trouble coming up with the correct syntax for your solution, can you help? This is the direction I was going, but I could be way off track..

SELECT CASE WHEN (select count(BILLIDNO) FROM WORK_JTR.[dbo].[TESTMAIL]) >0 THEN '?' - –What do I put here to advance to the next step?

ELSE EXEC dbo.sp_stop_job

N'JOST TEST MAIL'

END

IF (select count(BILLIDNO) FROM WORK_JTR.[dbo].[TESTMAIL])=0

EXEC msdb.dbo.sp_stop_job

actually, it doesn't matter what you put there as long as it has correct sytax, such as "PRINT ' ' "

No Signature

• Excellent, thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply