after restore I run DBCC CHECKDB and get below error

• I am a SQL NEWBIE and I have Recently made a .bak of a database in production to move the data to a test server to test a test website. I made 4 .baks of different databases and the first 3 restores worked perfectly. the fourth one... TEST.. I get the following error

Msg 8967, Level 16, State 216, Line 1

An internal error occurred in DBCC which prevented further processing. Please contact Product Support.

DBCC results for 'TEST'.

Msg 8921, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

Check terminated. A failure was detected while collecting facts. Possibly tempdb out of space or a system table is inconsistent. Check previous errors.

CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'TEST'.

The database has 5 tables

When I am doing my restore I basicall make a backup of the original that resides on a different server with the same version of sql. then on the destination server, in sql studio, I just make a restore of the database using the restore wizard. any help would be greatly appreciated..

• It sounds like you have a corrupt database backup.

You should consider restoring this database from a good backup.

Be sure to check your system event log to see if any hardware errors are being logged.

• This is my second backup from 2 different snapshots...could it be that tempdb is possibly out of space or am I not backing up everything consistantly.... I will try another backup but it takes forever.. i'm dealing with 7.17 gb as the .bak size.. if I try querys I get the following error

SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error: incorrect checksum (expected: 0xac224a5d; actual: 0x53f99b84). It occurred during a read of page (1:82799) in database ID 7 at offset 0x000000286de000 in file 'C:\Test.mdf'. Additional messages in the SQL Server error log or system event log may provide more detail. This is a severe error condition that threatens database integrity and must be corrected immediately. Complete a full database consistency check (DBCC CHECKDB). This error can be caused by many factors; for more information, see SQL Server Books Online.

Oh well.. I will keep digging, any help would still be appreciated..

• You have a few options to choose from:

1. Restore from a known good backup

2. Try restoring the page from a good backup as such:

RESTORE DATABASE TEST PAGE = '1:82799' FROM DISK = 'C:\TEST.bak';

GO

3. DBCC CHECKDB ('TEST',REPAIR_REBUILD)

**This option should be a last resort as it can leave data in an inconsistent state.

More information can be found @ http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms176064.aspx

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply