Adding oracle linked server

• Hi,

I am trying to add Oracle (10g-64 bit) server to my sql server 2005 (64 bit). I was having all kinds of errors setting up the linkd server. When I tried to create the DSN using available microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle, I noticed that there are no drivers for Oracle. Only 2 drivers available are 'sql native client' and 'sql server'. 

I never had to install drivers separately with the previous versions of sql server. So, I am not sure whether I made any mistake during the sql server install or orcale client install or we have to install drivers separately now. 

MDAC version installed on the machine is 2.82.

Can anyone tell me which oracle driver I need to install?

Thanks,

Nikki

• I never did it with Oracle 10g, but with previous versions I remember we had to install the Oracle client on the SQL Server. This will add the drivers you need.

Markus

[font="Verdana"]Markus Bohse[/font]

• We already have orcale clent installed on the server. TNSping to the oracle server connects just fine. That's why I am concerened whether I did anything wrong this time or things are changed with 2005.

• Try looking at this posting of the same issue to a Microsoft forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=852739&SiteID=1

We are about to install the Oracle client and providers on our SQL Server 2005 and I intend on following the recommendations in this post.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply