Adding a expression to a embedded image

• Hi,

I have a table of data which contains figures for company sales.I need to add a new column (i can do this)and in this column i would like to display the percentage as a bar.I have tried to add an embedded image and then add an expression to this.I can not get this to work.

Please can i ask for some help and advise on this so my question is how to add an expression to an embedded image.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

J

• I've done this two ways, One using embedded images and another using images pulled from a DB. Using Images stored in a DB is definitely easier. You would set up a dataset to query the DB with the images filtering it with a parameter based on your sales.

Are you try to show sales total for a time frame? Have you considered try to use a graph/chart? Or if you have 2008R@ you could try a sparkline, I haven't used them yet but the look cool.

• Hi,

Simple way is to have a Horizontal bar graph in additional column.

First insert the graph outside the table / matrix.

Group by a column (company in your case) and add the $figures to data section of the graph.

Remove titles (header title, axis titles, legend etc...) of the graph

Drag and drop it in the new column you created and it will give you result you are after.

Good luck,

regards

Natraj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply