Added a new stored proc to a snapshot publication.

• I have a snapshot publication, full of proc/views/funcs, working all grand. I've just created a new stored proc, which I'd like to add to this publication. I added it using sp_addarticle, looks fine. The new proc is listed when I goto publication properties and view articles. However when I start the snapshot agent, it doesn't include this new proc. The agent history has no mention of it and it doesn't exist at the subscriber after a sync up. I've tried reinitialising, but still no avail.

Also my post script to set permissions fails due to its non existance.

Any ideas, is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

Arthur.

• You probably passed the wrong value for one of the parameters of sp_addarticle. Can you post the query you used?

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Sorted this now. I had to run a system stored proc to refresh/update the subscription. Found the answer on a random google result, but forgotten it now and can't for the life of me find it again... It was sp_****subscription or something along those lines. I'll keep looking and post back here, when I find it again. After running it I just needed ro recreate the snapshot and fire it off.

BTW the params I padded into sp_addarticle were:-

exec sp_addarticle @publication = N'MyPublication', @article = N'SS_UTIL_MyProc_5', @source_owner = N'dbo', @source_object = N'SS_UTIL_MyProc_5', @destination_table = N'SS_UTIL_MyProc_5', @type = N'proc schema only', @creation_script = null, @description = null, @pre_creation_cmd = N'drop', @schema_option = 0x0000000000002001, @status = 16

GO

PS I noticed the other day in the SQL Server 2005 docs, the @schema_option param has a bit to copy permissions, is this new to 2005? I don't remember this one and I'm having to use post-scripts to set permissions at the subscriber.

• Yes, that is a new schem option in SQL 2005. There are a lot of new options!!

Is this what you are looking for:

sp_refreshsubscriptions

Add subscriptions to new articles in a pull subscription for all the existing Subscribers to the publication. This stored procedure is executed at the Publisher on the publication database.

Syntax

sp_refreshsubscriptions [ @publication = ] 'publication'

Arguments

[@publication =] 'publication'

Is the publication to refresh subscriptions for. publication is sysname, with no default.

Return Code Values

0 (success) or 1 (failure)

Result Sets

None

Remarks

sp_refreshsubscriptions is used in snapshot, transactional, and merge replication.

sp_refreshsubscriptions is called by sp_addarticle for an immediate-updating publication.

Permissions

Only members of the sysadmin fixed server role or the db_owner fixed database role can execute sp_refreshsubscriptions.

See Also

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply