Add button on Parameter Mapping screen doesn't work

• I have a Execute SQL Task with the following query.....

INSERT INTO AID_XML_PROCESSING (XML_FILE) VALUES (?)

The connection is an OLE DB connection, ResultSet is None and SQLSourceType is Direct Input

When I switch over to Parameter Mapping and try to add a parameter by hitting "Add", the whole Execute SQL Task dialog box just disappears. No error.....no comforting message of how to repair this gross injustice......just disappears.

To test the validity of my SQL statement, I replaced ? with 'Test' and it Parsed fine.

Does anyone have any idea why this is doing this?

Thanks in Advance

• I believe you have to have the variable created in the package before you can map a parameter to it.

• I don't even get to the point where I'm supposed to map the variable to the parameter.

I hit the "Add" button to create a new parameter to the SQL Execute Task and the whole dialog box just disappears.

• Close the SQL Execute Task and create the variable as part of the SSIS package. Once created in the package, it should be available to map in the SQL Execute Task.

• The variable already exists.

When I right click on the package and click Variables, I see strFileName.

But, again......even if the variable didn't exist, I would expect that when I hit the Add button to assign a parameter to the Execute step that I'd at least see the dialog for creating a parameter and would just not see my variable.

The Execute task is within a Foreach Loop Container which is looping through files in a directory and strFileName is being assigned to the name of the current file.

• Do you have another machine you can try this from (do you perhaps have the Business Intelligence Development Studio loaded on the server)?

I just created a new SSIS package, added a Foreach Loop and a SQL Execute Task inside the loop. After copying your SQL statement, I went to the parameter mapping and it worked just fine. I'm wondering if there is a problem with your studio installation?

Hopefully, someone else will have more feedback...

• Kudos! That's all it was.

Just needed to reinstall MS SQL 2005 and it works fine now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply