Access not seeing all Linked Tables via ODBC in SQL

• Hey all,

I have a problem with Access being able to see all of the tables in my SQL server database when trying to Link Tables through ODBC.

Access 2000 SR1

WinNT 4.0.1381

SQL Standard Edition 8.00.760 (SP3) running on Server 2003

The ODBC is connecting using NT authentication to the SQL database and is connecting to the default database. The odd part is ony one table appears when linking tables on this NT machine, but when connecting from an XP machine using XP2003 and logged on as the same user, all of the tables are availble to link too. It does not seem to be a permission issue.

Any suggestions? I am running out of options that I know to try.

Thanks all!

- Jason

• Hey Jason,

I saw similar things (missing some tables, but not all tables when viewing the database) in using Access 2000 with an ADO connection from Windows XP client to a SQL2000 SP3 server running on Windows Server 2003 environment.  Tried a lot of stuff, but it didn't correct until I changed the client app to Access 2003.  Have you tried putting Access 2003 runtime version on the NT Client box? 

It sure appeared to me to be an issue with Access 2000 client and Window 2003 Server, but all my client boxes were XP.

• Have you tried updating Access 2000 servicepack 1 to service pack 3 or later?

Mdac is up to date?

• MDAC Version 2.8.1022.3

I am wary of updating such a mission critical app at the moment. Does anyone know of a limitation to the number of tables/views these versions can access at once? The database I'm trying to access has nearly 25000 tables and views.

ColdFusion MX 6.1 is also running on this server if anyone knows of any conflicts here as well.

- Jason

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply