Access Denied

• I am getting some high profile users that are getting an Access Denied error when trying to hit one of our cubes running on AS 2008 R2.

This could be user error, but it is not feeling like it after some basic troubleshooting. As a DBA who works almost solely on the relational side of the house, I would like to know how I can track/log Access Denied or Login Failures to SSAS? in the relational engine it is easy, but I do now know where to start here. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, users are just connecting via Excel. I cannot recreate and Access Denied error. When i remove myself from the corresponding AD group, I am simply told I cannot retrieve a list of databases when trying to connect to SSAS. Any idea what would cause an actual Access Denied error?

• I'm not sure how you can audit failed logins for Analysis Services but for the problem you are getting it may be worthwhile trying to connect to the cube as the user that is having issues - it may show that they don't have access to the cube or to the data. You can connect as a different user by browsing the cube in SSMS and then clicking on the switch user button.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply