about sql 2005 server enterprise installation

• I was trying to install sql 2005 server enterprise in my 32 bit windows vista operating system, but I am getting following eror message.

"Some components of this edition of SQL Server are not supported on this operating system"

Well my perating system includes with 1gb ram, and 1.6ghz proceesser. During installing process it doesnt take me to service account feature. So please anyone can come out with this problem.

thank you

• Check the requirements for enterprise edition, basically standard and enterprise versions require a server O/S.  If you need enterprise features on a workstation O/S take a look at developer edition.

Joe

• Hi, I dont think you can install SL 2005 enterprise edition in Windows Vista...enterprise edition is not supported in windows vista.refer the below link,

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506.aspx

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

• Well I had already checked that link, and I didn't find anywhere in that link,mentioning windows vista doesn't support sql server 2005 ent.edition. As far the requirements, my pc meet all the requirements that need to install sql server 2005.

cheers

• SQL Server Ent either 2000 or 2005 will not install completely on any workstation. I have installed the developer editions locally. They have the same functionality sans the licensing.

Kindest Regards,
    David

** Obstacles are those frightening things that appear when we take our eyes off the goal. **

• In the above link you can see the heading "operating system requirements"

beneath that you can very well see Windows Vista and the second column in the table is enterprise edition which is written as "No" corresponding to windows vista..........

[font="Verdana"]- Deepak[/font]

• Abhisek -

Please keep us informed of the results of your quest, let us know how it works out for you.

Joe

• well guys i couldnt intall in vista, now I am trying to intall os operating system in my machine.

cheers

• For running SQL server 2005 in Windows Vista environment you have to use SQL server 2005 Developer Edition + Service pack 2 for SQL server 2005 (mandatory!). SP2 contains support for Vista.

I've installed this and all is OK.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply