70-462 Training Kit

• Hello, I am using the Training Kit from Microsoft Press to study for the 70-462 test. I will set up the lab environment based on a doc by Bruce Hendry found on this site.

I've never used Window Server 8 or Hyper-v. I just bought a used dell 1950 server with fresh install of Windows 2008 R2. My personal PC is a Dell All In One PC running Windows 8 home. When the doc talks about the "Windows Host Machine", would that be the Window Server or the Windows 8 PC. Page 2 of the doc talks about Hyper-V Setup Steps? Does this occur on the Windows Server or the Windows 8 PC? I realize Hyper-V will have to run on the 2008 server but does it also have to run on the Windows 8 PC?

If the answers are the windows 8 PC then I am out of luck as Windows 8 home does not support HyperV. Any ideas, thoughts, help would be appreciated. At this time I don't have any other machines.

• No, you don't have to have HyperV running in more than one location. If you're using a server to train on, use it on the server.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply