64-Bit SQL 2005 Install Problem

• Hi Everyone,

I am having trouble with a SQL 2005 64-Bit Std edition install. I am installing on a Windows 2k3 64 -Bit Enterprise Edition server.

However after the install completes I don't see the following directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS

I have tried applying Service Pack 2 but that doesn't install the directory either.

This is needed for the 32-Bit SSIS components

All my other 64-Bit machines have installed correctly just not this one

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

• Found the answer

Went through thousands of lines of logs and found certain guids were being skipped due to a previous install.

Matched the GUIDs to actual componenents by looking through another few thousand lines of log file to get the actual components skipped, lo and behold the 32-bit components were skipped

Trawled through the registry and found some rogue entries, backed up then deleted said entries and the install completed.

Should really listened to the 2 tenents of computing

1. Have to turned off and back on again

2. Have you trawled through the registry and pulled out any crap Microsoft has kindly left in there even though you have told it uninstall the b****y thing

Think i'm going to retrain as a plasterer

• chris webster (9/3/2008)

... Think i'm going to retrain as a plasterer

Sounds too much much like physical labor, I'll stick with working with computers. It's just like like working with kids, they do exactly what you tell them to do, not what you want want them to do. The mental challenge is more fulfilling.

😎

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply