“xp_cmdshell” doesn’t work?

• Hi,

I have a problem with the mssql vers7, since I installed the hotFix 1078. The proc “xp_cmdshell” doesn’t work. It is a small problem for us this procedure enables us to create a file HTML from our Database. I look for on the web but I can’t find anything about that. Could you help me to resolve this prob or have you heard about that?

Thank for your help

PS: I try to install hotfix on standalone and I had the same prob…

• Do you have proper permission? Execute permissions for xp_cmdshell default to members of the sysadmin fixed server role.

Try to login as 'sa' and see whether you still have same problem.

• I tried as login Sa but I have the same error message

Server: Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 1

Could not find stored procedure 'xp_cmdshell'.

• Better find out where it is. It should be in master database.

• I tried as login Sa but I have the same error message

Server: Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 1

Could not find stored procedure 'xp_cmdshell'.

Also, I saw in master database, I can not find it. After, I have copied this proc from older server(Mssql7 sp3) to new server. And now I have a new error message

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1

Cannot load the DLL xplog70.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 182(error not found).

But this file ‘DLL xplog70.dll’ exist in the foler Msssql7\bin. And I check with the old server and that file is in same place but the size is greatest than previous sp

PS : Installing 'xp_cmdshell'

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS OFF

GO

exec sp_addextendedproc N'xp_cmdshell', N'xplog70.dll'

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER OFF

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

Thanks

• I guess you are talking about security patch ms02-061 for SQL Server 7.0. I installed it to two machines and have no issues.

Before you apply the patch, you must install SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 4 (SP4).

• in the hotfix 1078, MS change 'xp_log70.dll.' to xpsql70.dll'

also the solution :

exec sp_dropextendedproc 'xp_cmdshell'

exec sp_addextendedproc 'xp_cmdshell','xpsql70.dll'

exec xp_cmdshell 'dir *.exe'

and it worked OK.

If you have a explain for that ......It s trange. Before I founded a other solution but with old hot fix. I have to copy it back from the service pack 4. And after restart the server. It s work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply