How to.....

• Fraggle (10/26/2008)

However, to my knowledge, SQL Saturday are Florida only.

Actually SQLSaturday is NOT a Florida only thing. There have been SQLSaturday's in Washington state, Alabama, and I think a couple of other states. The idea is from the guys at End2End Training here in Orlando and they are hoping/trying to build it into a "franchise" (they don't make any money on it) that will be used all over.

• Didn't realize that Jack. Thanks for the clarification.

Fraggle

• Seth,

Sorry, I missunderstood your post. I though you were also talking about the attendies only being from Florida and how you were disappointed with that. Now that I went back and read your post, I realize you didn't mean this.

🙂

Fraggle

• Jack Corbett (10/26/2008)

Fraggle (10/26/2008)

Actually SQLSaturday is NOT a Florida only thing. There have been SQLSaturday's in Washington state, Alabama, and I think a couple of other states. The idea is from the guys at End2End Training here in Orlando and they are hoping/trying to build it into a "franchise" (they don't make any money on it) that will be used all over.

That sounds pretty cool. Does anyone know of one in the Baltimore area?

• ggraber (10/27/2008)

Jack Corbett (10/26/2008)

Fraggle (10/26/2008)

That sounds pretty cool. Does anyone know of one in the Baltimore area?

http://www.sqlsaturday.com/

You should be able to find one here if there is one, or start work on hosting one if you would like to. Excellent concept, I'm still trying to work out when I'll be able to attend my first in Ohio.

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• jcrawf02 (10/27/2008)

http://www.sqlsaturday.com/[/url]

You should be able to find one here if there is one, or start work on hosting one if you would like to. Excellent concept, I'm still trying to work out when I'll be able to attend my first in Ohio.

Nope. I didn't see one. There doesn't seem to be a PASS group either. 🙁 Weird.

• There may be a users group that is not an official PASS chapter. I'd try to find my area's MS Evangelist to find out about user groups in your area. I find it hard to believe that there isn't something in the Baltimore area.

As part of a discussion I had this past weekend, I think these events might be a good way to grow and existing users group. You may have to work hard to get speakers and may need to find out of area speakers to come for the first one, but you should at least get some good contact information by having one.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply